Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Vaccinated and Fascinated

This morning my other half took her first shot of Pfizer vaccine against Covid-19, followed by her staff at the clinic in the afternoon. She is included in the first batch as she is considered a frontliner in the health services. There was initial concern about side effects but she is ok. There will be a second shot, 21 days later. To learn more about the Pfizer vaccine, can read it here.


For me, I have registered through MySejahtera (also I was asked by the department about my health problems and had given my name for possible early vaccination - not sure where it went) and probably be included in the second batch of the vaccination programme (those having high risks). To know more about the vaccine programme, one can read here. There is also a special website for Malaysia Covid-19 vaccination programme at https://www.vaksincovid.gov.my/en/.

As stated above, Pfizer vaccine is the first batch of vaccine that Malaysia receives. There was quite an excitement in the news when it first arrived. Note that Malaysia will be receiving four other vaccines as reported here, namely, Astra Zeneca, Sinovac, CanSino Biologics, and Sputnik-V. See also here. In other words, I will not know what type of vaccine I'll be taking until the time comes.

It is reported here, the first three individuals who got vaccinated in Malaysia i.e. the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, frontliner driver for Putrajaya clinic, Clement Marai Francis and the Health Ministry Director-General Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah. The distribution of vaccine among states in Malaysia can be read here. The world data for covid-19 vaccinations can be found at https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations.

It is hoped that, with the arrival of the vaccines, the desired herd immunity will be achieved sooner that what is expected. Otherwise it will take another year more for us to be in the current state (and I will be retired).


No comments: