Wednesday, March 31, 2021

More Day of Sadness

Today has been another day of sadness. I had my morning class as usual despite of having applied for leave. Around 10 am after the class, I received a message from my sister, that my brother Ahmad Tajuddin (the father of the nephew who passed away) had a stroke (and another message said also a heart attack). I froze and did not know what to do but just immediately messaged my other half who is waiting to get her second dose of the Covid-19 vaccination. Much of the time spent during that time was to look at further messages to know the development but was mostly left in the dark at the time.

My other half reached home slightly late since she told she was not feeling that well after the vaccination as her blood pressure went down. She rested for a while before asking information from somebody in PPUM on the status of my brother. She was told that my brother is still in the ER red zone and yet to be stabilized. The knowledge at the time is that my brother had a blood clot in the brain and some medication were administered noninvasively. Failing that, may  require invasive technique.

Despite not doing anything and not even travelling like we thought we are going to, I was feeling really tired. Later, a message came in that my brother has been transferred to a ward but it was already late in the evening. Thus we decided to visit only tomorrow as tried to avoid night driving. Later in the evening my blood pressure surged quite high and had to take extra medication and rest. Before resting, we were told that the burial of the late nephew will be early tomorrow morning and we regrettably will miss it. May Allah grant him forgiveness and blessings in the hereafter.

After some rest, woke up to write this post. Was made to be aware about this paper that quoted the thesis of my first PhD student Ahmed Bouketir. Knew this before since the author (student of Ted Jacobson) wrote to me earlier, asking the availability of the thesis electronically, which I do not have. Yet to read the paper carefully. Glad that somebody took interest in the work of my first PhD student. The paper made reference to the thesis (only partial) here and a conference paper here.

No comments: