Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Briefly Back at Faculty

Today reminds me back in the 'good old normal days'. It was my turn to be on duty at the Faculty. Develop some form of anxiety because I'm doing an interstate travel which is prohibited during the MCO period (Selangor is still in MCO until Friday). Coupled with the fact that the maximum fine for disobeying any SOP has been raised to RM10,000. I did went to the Seremban 2 police station yesterday, to get the permission to do interstate travel (there is a form to fill). My younger colleague says there is no need for such permission given one has the letter from the university, but I wasn't feeling secured. On meeting the police officer, indeed she said that the university letter is already good enough for the travel. Yet, I still harbour the fear that I can be slapped with the RM10,000 fine.

So I was up early today, feeling anxious and drove to the campus, expecting some form of police check-points along the way. There were still plenty of cars along the highway almost like any normal day. There weren't any check-points and I arrived early in campus. I saw that there were only a few cars parked but this is because I'm early. Later in the afternoon, when I'm going home, there were more cars and saw some people walking around. Yes the faculty divided the day into two halves. For each half, I was told that there should only be one academic staff on each floor of each wing. Essentially I did not meet any lecturer friend while I was there. I went into my temporary office to do some work (see photo below). Later check out my old office; they have replaced the air-conditioner with a new one. By right, I should be staying there but it is in a messy state and I can't clean this up quickly within the half-day period.


On the way home, there are check-points at the UPM toll and at the Seremban toll. I was not stopped for any checks it seems. I guess all my fears are unfounded. Reached Seremban and took the time to get my kids some packed lunch. The weather was pretty hot and was feeling unwell thereafter.

Pretty mundane post, right?

No comments: