Tuesday, September 29, 2026

The Certain Future

Yesterday was the passing of Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali (12 July 1926 - 28 September 2026), wife of he former Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir. Inna lillahi wainna ilaihi raji'un. Allahummamaghfirlaha warhamha wa'fuanha wa'afiha wa' fu'anha. Condolences to Tun Dr. Mahathir and family.


As a plain commoner, I do not have the good opportunity to know her personally apart from knowing her from afar as the wife of Tun Dr. Mahathir. She was accorded an honorable state funeral and laid to rest at the National Cemetery in Putrajaya. Having not personally know her, I headed over to her wikipedia page and it has been conveniently updated.

Each time there is a funeral, it serves to remind us of our definite future, our own ending. In the case of Allayarhamah Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah, there is the soothing sight of people putting their political differences to pay respect at the funeral. Many commoners like me have become tired of the constant political bickering. Saw that there are still disrespectful comments from our own local breed of fasadists but we should ignore them.

Speaking about negative feelings, I have been disappointed with myself for not being able to complete some tasks before September ends. I need to find ways to renew myself appropriately and soldier on.

No comments: