Our third day started off with breakfast at the hotel. Thereafter, we decided to take a group photo at the tourist spot where they had 'Kuchng' statues.
This was the second time we were there but now with Izhar (our third son) who was absent before due to a wedding task. I have also decided not to join for their tour next since my back pain was quite severe. Without me they will be 'freer' to have more fun.
They went to Jong's Crocodile Farm and Zoo next. Here are the pics and video.
Next, they bought some Kek Lapis Sarawak from Mamasu. My other half once told me that these cakes take hours to make due to the delicate layering of the cake. Thereafter, they went back to the hotel since the haze condition is worsening and also Ihsan had to return the rented car later in the afternoon. During the evening we had fast food for dinner and they (me asleep) watched a movie in our room.
Yesterday is our Independence Day; we had our breakfast and finished up packing of our things to check out. Before checking out, I took a photo with the hotel staf who has been kind to us.
We took two taxis to the airport. After checking in our luggage, we decided to have early lunch at Skydine by Sumiran. This is simply because I saw that they served mee jawa and I remembered how I had mee jawa frequently in Bintulu Campus. The others had mee kolok and they told me that it tasted better than the ones they had before. Of course, food at the airport are somewhat pricey but it was worth it.
We went to Gate 9 for our flight and I snapped a pic to show how bad the haze is. I posted it on the social media with the background music of Smoke Gets In Your Eyes.
I certainly things will get better for the Sarawakians because it is indeed unhealthy and hazardous.
On arrival, we took two airport cabs (pricey and was told by my other half about a swindle attempt). For me, I just want to get home quickly and rest, which is what we did. So we celebrate Independence Day rather uneventfully. To see how Independence Day is celebrated (without all the politics that you see in the social media and just pure enjoyment by normal people), you may want to watch this.
Waking up today to our financial reality and we are about to collect our cats. So, it will be ontok-ontok phase again.


























No comments:
Post a Comment