Monday, May 31, 2021

May End Post

 After the USM talk, my mind is now preoccupied with the (next) talk in Biruni Universit in Istanbul i.e. for the 9th International Conference on Applied Analysis and Mathematical Modelling. I was listed as one of the invited speakers representing Malaysia (along with Prof. Adem Kilicman and Prof. Maslina Darus). I have been to the same series of conference in 2018 but due to the pandemic, this conference will now be held online. So the last weekend and the few days beforehand I was thinking of what topic to give the talk on. I had already some ideas in mind, which is on quantization but I wasn't too sure about it. Finally I blurbed something to the organizers on "Quantization: Crossroads and Crossovers". I have been brewing some ideas about comparing geometric quantization with deformation quantization for some time like many others have done too, but I wish to focus on systems with external fields. Let's see how my preparation goes.

The other development from the time of 'Eid was the surprise email from a colleague Iftikhar Ahmed during my Durham PhD days. We continued correspondence thereafter, telling each other about our families and life in general. He did certainly remember my obsession with books (which he said would have bankrupted me). Here is a (younger) picture of him with his children (hope he doesn't mind me sharing it here).


Last Sunday, he send me a WhatAapp video showing him mowing his lawn. He certainly has a gorgeous lawn and it seems he has a large comfortable home.

Tonight, received another surprise. I have registered for Covid-19 vaccination on April 3rd (actually it was much earlier but somehow it did not register completely)  and have been waiting since for the date(s) for the vaccination. When there was an open call for Astra Zenica vaccine shots made available elsewhere and there was a rush for these, I felt a bit frustrated. Suddenly tonight, I received a notification that I will be getting my first shot on June 4th at UPM.


I was expecting to get a shot in Seremban itself since I have put my Seremban address during registration but this is fine and good. I would have to travel slightly further distance and probably the hassle of getting police permission to travel interstate during the strict MCO period. 

No comments: