Saturday, June 05, 2021

Received First Dose

As reported in this post, got my appointment for my first dose of vaccination earlier this week. In a way, it was unexpected, mainly because I'm living in a different state from my workplace. I registered at MySejahtera using my home address but somehow the place where I will get my vaccination is at the Teaching Hospital of the university (see pic below). So I guess the university must have somehow did a different registration and cross-referenced my details with my own registration in MySejahtera, for which I thank you.


On Tuesday, I received a call from the hospital to confirm on my appointment. There were some forms, sent through e-mail, for which I need to fill on the day of the vaccination. Fearing to drive alone (thinking of side-effects) all the way from Seremban to the hospital (situated near the campus), I applied for interstate travel for me and my second son from the local police station.

On the day itself, we began our journey earlier fearing traffic jam due to police blockades or congestion at the hospital. However, the journey was smooth and we reached the hospital slightly before 10.20am. There were plenty of parking spaces then, perhaps due to the vaccination was meant only for the staff. I was asked to take the lift to the sixth floor and go to the EnT clinic. Inside there was already a short queue lined up for the vaccination.




With SOPs in place, the queue and all the necessary registration, it took almost an-hour wait before I got my first dose of vaccine. The vaccine we had was from Pfizer. After we had the shot, we were asked to record this in MySejahtera to show that we have completed our first dose (see pic).


The second dose will be administered about three weeks later; mine will be on 25th June. For colleagues who have yet to get their first dose, you need to bring your smart phones for all the records needed for MySejahtera; the forms printed (one on the declaration, needs two copies); and a pen to fill up details.

Side effects so far? The ones that are obvious are the soreness of the arm where the shots were made, and a headache (which I already have one slightly before coming). During the late evening, there was a sense of feeling feverish but this could be psychological. My other half gave me two paracetamol tablets to help relief the headache and she advised me not to take pain killers (not sure why). Until now, still having that arm soreness and slight prolonged headache. No fever so far.

Despite the headache, that afternoon I attended briefly a meeting and later joined a seminar in the institute given by a Malaysian data scientist working in Shell UK.


Picked up some useful resources from the talk (see below).





No comments: