Lasr night, we lost a close neighbour, just a few days from our home, Mohd Tarmidi (popular called by Ustadh Tarmizi). We were told that he had cancer and was hospitalized for a while (kept secret, not known to many). I would like to recall good memories that we had with him. We have always turned to him for help on matters of religion and the local community. But one matter that I am indebted to him is during the passing of our late mum. He came to give advice on what to do and told me to whisper the shahadah to my mum's ears and asked me to do this gently. I had just came home from work at the time and was overwhelmed with feelings (surprised and sad) to figure out what to do. Later, he helped with funeral matters, in particular contacting our local surau. May Allah reward him and forgive him for this precious deed.
The body was sent to the Masjid Hussain for the ritual cleansing and thereafter for the funeral prayers. Below is a picture shared by our local surau group.
May Allah grant him forgiveness and jannah in the hereafter,
I am reflecting on our own lives. Last Thursday, my other half had a hospital appointment regarding her inner ear problem that caused her dizziness and imbalanced from time to time. The specialist told her that nothing much can be done with the problem apart from taking medication to reduce the symptms. There is always the worry of more sinister recurrence of CSF leak (God forbid) that she had before. For me, I do have the triad of modern disease and on top of this my bad back. Lately I had a sleep disorder because of the pain killers and gabapentin (despite it is said to cause dementia see here and here) intakes. I tend to go to bed early and to be woken up in the early hours of the morning. I took advantage of this by working by the bed side where I used the ironing board as my bedside table. Hope there are good things behind all these.


No comments:
Post a Comment