Saturday, May 25, 2024

Falling

I was the last (together with my youngest son) in the family to get infected with virus since the last few days. I'm getting better now and was left with some bad cough; took pain killers before for my back. So yesterday, I excused myself from Friday prayers so that I don't spread the disease. But instead of resting, we received a phone call from our youngest son that he fell down the stairs in UniKL-MFI (around 12.30 noon) and he could not properly stand. He was sent to An-Nur Hospital by one of the staff (thank you). We waited for the update from the staff and later he called and said that our son had a fracture in the navicular bone. After receiving the call, we rushed off to fetch him at his room. We were already planning to fetch him before that for the weekend but now he will have the whole week stay at home before a follow-up set up at the nearest hospital in Seremban.

On meeting him, we asked him what had happened. He said he was carrying a box of folders (don't know how heavy) down the stairs but somehow he had not placed his foot on the steps and fell forward around five to eight flight of steps downwards. Luckily, the box he was carrying cushioned his fall for otherwise the injury might be worse (thankful that did not happen). I will be dishonest if I say I'm not feeling sore for the whole matter but I accept this as fate. The hospital bill itself costs more than RM500 (for the X-ray, backslab and medication) and later had to fork out around RM400 for a wheelchair, bought after arriving in Seremban (I do need to find a job after all these extra expenses).

I do really pity him after all the injuries he had to go through (see this post and this post). One thing I do admire about him is his patience and cheerfulness despite all these injuries. Here is a photo of him arriving home.


and here is today's photo in his room when we bought him lunch (bought from RM3 stall).



No comments: