Saturday, July 17, 2021

Lily Left Us For Good

In a previous post, I wrote about the declining health of Lily. She could barely walked just the night before and my other half tended to her, giving her glucose and laid sheets of flattened box and newspaper for her to lie down. Just yesterday morning, right after the Special Relativity & Classical Field Theory final exam, my son Izhar told us that Lily has left us. I immediately called my other half telling her about the news as she was at work. She came back home at noon in order to say a final goodbye to Lily and thereafter made a burial for Lily in our backyard.

Lily was my other half's favourite cat. She often slept in our room and would wait for my other half to come upstairs to be with her. It is only in the past few weeks that she tend to shy away from us. We knew much earlier that she had kidney failure. She lost a lot of weight and then we decided to get her checked up at a local vet. Knowing about her kidney problems, we bought her special cat food for the failing kidney and there was a slight improvement. Overall, however, one can see that her health declined considerably. Here is a video of Lily when we gave her wet food to help her regain strength: that was her last wetfood meal.


Here are some pics of the last moments with her.




My son Izhar made a video of Lily for my other half.


Goodbye Lily, you will surely be missed.

No comments: