Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Too Close for Comfort

Been having bad dreams lately. Premonitions? I certainly pray not. I hope it is just my current state of not sleeping well.

Coincidentally, however the last two days, I received a message that my musician brother is not well. My other half advised that he be brought to a clinic for extensive check-up. I pray that it is nothing serious and that whatever ailment he is having will go away soon.

Next, today it is announced that the MCO will be extended until 4th March for the states of Selangor, Johor. Pulau Pinang and Wilayah. For the place I'm staying (Negeri Sembilan), it is back to CMCO which has less restrictions. It however amounts to the same thing since my place of work is in Selangor.

The next thing came as a surprise for all of us. My youngest has been going to school the past week or so as he will be facing the public examination of SPM this 22nd February (which was supposed to be in November-December last year). Late this evening, he received a message that one of his classmate had tested positive for Covid-19 and that meant he will be identified as a close contact. He was told to quarantine himself at home until further instructions. No private swab test is allowed and must wait for instructions from the Ministry of Health officials. What is going to happen to his SPM examination, we do not know yet. Just this morning, there was a news item that there is no Covid-19 cases among the SPM candidates. I guess that news is now outdated.

We certainly hope he will be tested negative and that he is healthy to sit for his exams. But as it is, the 10-day quarantine period for a non-minister person will go past the exam dates. Things are going to be haywire. For now, we have put him a separate room and will have our masks on when necessary. His brothers will have to share the other room. So for now, wait for the next episode ... 

Rolling the end credits ...

No comments: