Thursday, August 04, 2022

The (Next) Trip to Malacca

Right after our Padang Besar trip, we took a day or two of rest but really we had matters to settle before Ihsan heads off to JB. Also, our cats were happy that we were back; some we had to send off to their 'hotel', but most of them are left at home with sufficient food and drink. Our next trip was last Friday where me and my other half headed off to Malacca to be part of an engagement party. We were given a room at Homestay Melaka Executive in Taman Bukit Serindit Jaya.  That night we had a luxurious dinner at Restoran Tomyam Puteri Ledang with (almost) all of my in-laws.


Here are some pics:



The next day was the engagement event. It was supposed to be a small event with only the uncles and aunts of the niece on our side. Below are some pics:









A funny thing happened. From our side, we did not expect the presence of a tok sidang from the other party (beng arranged as informal) and we were not prepared to have exchange of pantun, though the tok sidang recited some.  The other thing, our side's spokeperson (my brother in law) introduced me as a professor. Like many instances, it was not the right occasion to make corrections. But being introduced as such, tok sidang called me up to read doa selamat (was not prepared), saying this would be easy for a 'professor'. I did not do it, of course, but if pushed, I will just recite the normal prayers that I know. Finally, it was Tok Sidang who recited it.

After having lunch there, we decided to visit a relative of my other half who was staying nearby. She was said to be unwell and yet to be diagnosed properly. Here are some group pics:





From there, we send our niece back to her college and went straight home thereafter. The rest, went to Segamat. We had to go home as Ihsan will be leaving for JB the next day. So, the next morning, we had our breakfast together before he drove all the way to JB by himself.



Later in the afternoon, our in-laws stopped by at our place and we had lunch together.



The next day, I was back in office. But as I went back home from office, my car had problems with the engine indicator lit up. Since our local workshop can't check the sensor system of the car, we had to go all the way to Melaka to check what's wrong. According to them, there is something wrong with the shaft system. So, I will have to find another time to do this as they have not the device in stock. More money trouble.

No comments: