Saturday, April 24, 2021

Ramadhan Second Week Varia

This week has been a lot of ups and downs (mostly the latter). First, an update on my brother Ahmad Tajuddin: he is still in coma but he can now breath without the aid of a machine. I was informed, given the circumstances, the hospital may want him to be discharged but the family wished for the hospital to reconsider since he still has tubes on for his food and others. I pray to Allah that my brother can regain consciousness and given the strength to recover. 

My brother used to work in MARDI and in those early years, after he came back from Belgium and was stationed in Malacca, he was awarded Anugerah Saintis Muda (must be in late 70s or early 80s). I searched the web for any article about him but could not find any. Instead I found this link referring to his writings which I believed are papers for conferences.

Last two weeks, my housemate in Adelaide messaged me asking for my address. Was surprised by this - he said he wanted to send me some mangoes from his garden farm. The mangoes arrived three days ago and it was very sweet (see pic below). Thank you very much. He told me he somehow remembered about his housemates in Adelaide. I wished him well in his retirement.


For some reason I too, remembered about my course-mate, Anacleto Mernone in Adelaide and was wondering about his whereabouts. Searched on the web and found his google scholar page. It seemed that he did his PhD under Prof. J.N. Mazumdar, my mathematical biology lecturer. I could not find his current position; the last one seems to be in 2011 at Department of Nuclear Medicine at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Maybe he has retired.

Today is my third son's birthday. Bought him a cake yesterday to celebrate during the breaking of fast. Below is a pic:


These days, I spent less time on social media, hoping to do real work. If it is not for some useful information on social media, I would have probably left it some time ago. My posts there have been mostly to put useful links for future references and occasionally personal posts to record some events. 


No comments: