Sunday, April 11, 2021

Pre-Ramadhan Birthday and Katie Post

Once again I have sort of paused my blogging much due to many events happening, busy with the thoughts of what I wanted to do but ending up doing something else, which I would have preferred not doing. My brother, Ahmad Tajuddin is still unconscious in UMMC with no sign of changes and possible future surgery, as far as I am told. I pray that his condition gets better and not get complicated and that he will return to normal in this coming Ramadhan. Prayers are all we have at this moment.

My third son, Izharuddin has gone back to his college in IIUM last Tuesday as he needs to start his final year project. He told me it is very possible that he will not come home for the coming 'Eid (rather sadly). He will also be quarantined for ten days first at IIUM before moving back to his original college. The day he went back to his college was his birthday. Knowing full well, we would be very busy that day, we celebrated his birthday just the night before. We went for dinner at Foodie Republic with the whole family and later bought him a cake at Baker's Cottage. Below are some of the pics.




Now, in the house, there are just four of us. My second son Ihsanuddin has already made plans to return to UPM campus as he begins his MSc study in Biotechnology, doing research with a Japanese company as I am told. If he does so, there will only be three of us in the house during Ramadhan and possibly Eid.

Yesterday, our first cat (Katie) (we had her when we stayed at the current place), left us. Before, she had a minor surgery to remove a small lump near her stomach. Later, another lump appeared and the suspicion is that it was cancerous. We sent her to the clinic for another surgery and thereafter, everything went down hill. In the last week, she can barely walk and hid from us under the bed and wardrobe. It was only in the morning yesterday, that my son realised that she was not moving. Here are some pics just before she had her final surgery



This was taken by my eldest son in his room. Katie had to be separated from the rest of the cats since she tends to get fierce. Hence, she has been a companion to my eldest in the room for quite a while before he took up a job in Shah Alam. When I informed him (in our family WhatsApp group) that Katie had died, he got really sad. 

The pic below was taken by my other son after the second surgery. At the time she was really weak and can hardly walk properly.


It is kind of sad that nobody was tending to her in the final hours. After shedding some tears, my other half put her on this cushion before we wrapped her up in some old clothes for burying. See pics below.




Like the other cats in the past, we simply buried her in our backyard that afternoon. Presently another cat (Lily - the oldest surviving cat after Katie) seems to show some illness, being inactive. Lily is closest to my other half and often sleeps in our room. Hope to bring her to the clinic soon.

I end this post with my Ramadhan wish that we will be stronger and remained grateful with what we have in life. May there be more good deeds that we can bring to the hereafter.

No comments: