Sunday, August 02, 2020

Eidul Adha Weekend

My second son Ihsan was on duty during the Eidul-Adha Friday but he came back home on the Saturday night to be with us during the weekend. So we had the full family for this weekend until Monday late afternoon after which he will return back to work. So that Saturday night, we went out for dinner and we had fun. Here's a pic of ourselves comparing beard.


He was surprised that I had kept my moustache and beard when he saw me. It was just over a week old. I kept it mainly to remind me how old I am with white hair in my moustache and beard.

Earlier that morning, my other half went to her sister's place in Keramat with eldest Khair and youngest Izzuddin. I stayed home with my third son Izhar. I had many unfinished work to do but most of that day and today, I was reading MQA Programme Standards, a 115 page document in order for me to finish a report. With all due respect to those contributing to the document (which had a panel working on it and I guess they spent many man-hours producing the document), I must say that it is a chore for me to read the wordy document. I tend to skim most parts of the document particularly when I get the gist of what they are saying and paid attention to the information that I needed to use. Probably those who do research in education will enjoy the document better. In a way, I tend to read many management and self-help books in the same way, focusing on parts which are really relevant to me. I have better attention span when I read more technical books, with statements tend to be more strictly defined and more controlled use of imagination in the abstraction. I finally completed the report just this morning after which I took some time off to rest and to ease the back pain.

For tonight, we had a quiet dinner at home as my other half prepared curry mee with some new recipe she had. Tasty.


I have also received a surprise email tonight from a student of Ted Jacobson regarding the work of my first PhD student, Ahmed Bouketir. I guess there is interest in what we do here locally, after all.

No comments: