Friday, August 30, 2024

End of Industrial Training, 31st Anniversary and Conference Invitation

The previous Friday, we picked our youngest from UniKL since it is his last day of industrial training there. He was happy to get home, after two weeks of not coming home, helping with student registration there.



Last Monday was also our 31st anniversary. The day was 'celebrated' by me going to the Health Centre in UPM, hoping to do my regular check-up and get a fresh supply of meds (we thought that we will go to the IOI Mall thereafter). This time I was sent to Room 3, seeing a different doctor. She was quite particular, checking my medical records. On checking my blood pressure, it was on the high side. She asked to do blood tests and even an ECG. So this took up the whole morning. Due to the increase in blood pressure, she prescribed me a new med with higher dosage.




Since I was told to get the blood test results the next day, we cancel the thought of going to IOI Mall. Instead what I did was just to buy a cake in Seremban to celebrate.


On that day too, I got one of the books that I have ordered from Amazon Singapore, which I need for my teaching.


So, the next day, we went back to get the blood test results; it seems that the results are better than the ones last checked apart from the blood pressure. Was happy with that. Thereafter we went to IOI Mall to buy things and have our 'special lunch' at NY Steak Shack.



On Wednesday, Ihsan came back home from JB. We brought him to the new Mee Tarik eatery that we have gone to in the last weekend. This evening, he drove back to JB.



Perhaps the most surprising thing that happened to me was the invitation to SQST 2024 and it was Areeya who wrote the e-mail on behalf of the committee. (Note: I reached out to her for EQuaLS during the Covid year.) Seriously, I thought my conference days are over after my retirement. I could not give a straightforward yes then because I will be at that time doing part-time teaching in Xiamen University Malaysia. I wrote to the head of the department and sometime this week he gave the green light. Today, I confirmed with Areeya that, God willing, I will be going and they immediately send me the invitation letter.



Well, now I have much work to do ....


No comments: