Thursday, April 11, 2024

Last 10 Days of Ramadhan and Shawwal 1445

Today is already the second day of Shawwal 1445 and we have not quite celebrate 'Eid with the whole family, particularly our second son is working during 'Eid. Let me back track to the last ten days of Ramadhan 1445 when we were supposed to amplify our efforts in doing our night prayers.

Like past Ramadhans, fatigue tend to set in during the final days. Me in particular, had bad spells of bad back that I had to take pain killers. When I'm unwell, I tend to pray tarawih at home while my other half and sons go the Masjid Hussain.



Also, what adds to the fatigue is our routine of sending our son to UniKL MFI after Fajr in order to avoid the jam at Bandar Sri Putra-Southville stretch.



Not sure if we will still do this after 'Eid. Despite having paid for the hostel, it seems that he has to share with five other students in a dormitory like room. He is still hoping to get a better room (yet to have a positive answer).

When 'Eid was approaching, we had planned to go back to Segamat either on the last or second last day of Ramadhan. We had to cancel this idea on the scheduled day due to some personal problem. We decided that we will spend the night of 'Eid announcement and the 'Eid morning together.






We went to the nearby surau for our 'Eid prayers. Thereafter my other half and sons travel to Segamat to spend 'Eid with her sisters and brothers, while I stayed back in Seremban to ensure my third son has company at home. 

It seems that they have a good time in Segamat and here are some pics.









Tomorrow, God willing, my second son will come home from JB and the whole family will be back together for our small private 'Eid gathering.

No comments: