Sunday, March 31, 2024

Shying Away and Seeking Forgiveness

There are many times in my life, I 'saw' people trying to avoid interacting with me, often through their body language or other indications. My knee-jerk reaction will be to shy away from them. Before, many of these came from higher-ranked officers or privileged people, and in these cases I consider myself as probably not good enough to be in their company. Others can be 'seen' with looks for despise, for which I would question what have I done wrong; I will make it a point then, of avoiding them as much as I can. In some cases they can also come from students or close acquaintances themselves; probably I have done something wrong or to their dislike or maybe they just want their personal space.

In this blessed month of Ramadhan, I can only hope for forgiveness and try to be better myself. Whatever trials one is going through, they can only be very minor to those who are in Ghazza, and one should be thankful for not being tried beyond our capabilities.

اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّكَ عَفُوٌّ تُحِبُّ الْعَفْوَ فَاعْفُ عَنِّي

“O Allah, You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me” or “O Allah, You are Pardoning and love to pardon, so pardon me.”




No comments: