Monday, February 26, 2024

Wedding, Birthday and Post Irrelevance

Last Saturday, we went to the wedding of a nephew in Klang. This took place in Villa Warisan, Klang. The venue had this wonderful traditional atmosphere with wooden village houses (reminding me of the old days at my kampung in Tapah). However, the roads leading to the place are narrow and we were warned to bring a smaller car. At a few places, there were dips in the road that made the bottom part of my son's car scratching the 'road' surface. Here are some photos.










Our travel back to Seremban saw heavy traffic ao that we had to stop by at Dengkil RnR to perform our Dzuhr prayers.

Today is my youngest son's birthday but we 'celebrated' it yesterday night since my other half is working today. We simply bought a cake for this purpose. We wanted him to be happy as he will start his industrial training next month.





The next part of this blog entry is my preoccupation with learning new stuff. Also, I got distracted by some social media posts that I consider interesting. I resisted urges to make comments on other people's posts but I failed to do this in one case. Most of the interesting posts that I saw are philosophical nature (one can't write too much maths on FB) but at times the post hinges on foundational matters that have bearings in theoretical physics. And my comment was on one such post. Later, I regretted that I did it; philosophers often have different aims in their research despite they tend to comment a lot on the work of physicists. Right after my comment there, I downloaded this philosophical paper of Muller entitled "The Influence of Quantum Physics on Philosophy", just to read if there are common grounds to discuss with philosopher friends. The answer to the title of the paper according to Muller is minimal, if not none. Well, I should have stick to my own theoretical physics materials. With to respect to social media posts, I should have stuck to my principle "Do not offer thoughts or comments if one is not invited to do so". If there is a need for (academic) discussions, I prefer a closed one rather than a public one because ego can easily get in the way in such public discussions that often entail disrespectful comments (one can always have difference in opinions without mocking each other). Another thing is that uninformed public may get the wrong idea/perception of the matter being discussed particularly when it is of frontier topics. Anyway, I will say less from now on.

Anyway, I was hoping to say the above thoughts after reading the book of Chibbaro, Rondoni & Vilpiani, "Reductionism, Emergence and Levels of Reality" and after reading materials on Adam's lemma to answer a query of my former PhD student. Unfortunately, I'm slow on both fronts and will probably post my thoughts on these in my technical blogs (much) later.

No comments: