Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Back to College on New Year's Day

Welcome 2024. Found out from Ed Pegg Jr. of Wolfram Research that is a tetrahedral number (never knew about it before) and it is the 22nd (nonzero) number. I posted it up on FB, once I learned about it from this post in Wolfram Community. It is simply just a fun fact (no numerology meanings). I thought it is good to highlight that there are just so many interesting things about numbers (see for instance, https://oeis.org/) and many more, if one just have the knack for it.

One of the things that we did in this 'new year' was getting a group photo before my youngest son go back to college. All of my sons came back sometime in the weekend and I considered this a rarity. We try to make it joyous wherever possible (this requires efforts this day with me not being super healthy). So here are the photos.




Right after the photo shoot, we headed off to Melaka and stopped over in city of Melaka to have lunch and some shopping.


I posted this pic up in FB too despite the thought it may be considered insensitive when somewhere people are being terrorized. The reason being just letting others know that we had something to do that day (sending Izzuddin off to college). There was supposed to be a meeting on that day on organizing some quantum event for Southeast Asia and some asked me to attend it (with Thailand and Singaporean counterparts). In any case, I know little about the matter and it is better to have some younger people to take charge and let them shine. Also, I was getting comfortable of being less involved in things (as someone cheekily said that it is time for 'us, seniors' to be forgotten and joined the RTM group - relax tunggu mati). On a serious note, I prefer to spend more time with the family, doing scientific things in my spare time and try to focus more for the next phase of life.

After that time in the mall, we all went down to Jasin to send off Izzuddin.



As we went home, there was this huge jam on the highway.


We got home at around 5.30pm in the evening.

No comments: