Sunday, November 26, 2023

Final Destination and Snake in the Backyard

Last week, I am reminded of our temporary place in this world, as my brother (and his sons) went around to visit and help tidy up the graves of our loved ones. He himself lost his other half just recently (last August). Here are pics of their graves.

My late father Zainuddin Udin (18 September 1924 - 2 November 1990)


My late mother, Habibah Daik (16 November 1928 - 13 July 2009)


My step mother, Zaharah Ibrahim (1 January 1935 - 26 August 1991)


My eldest brother, Aminuddin Zainuddin (17 November 1944 - 6 December 2021)


My second eldest brother, Zainal Abidin Zainuddin (16 June 1947 - 2 October 1997)


My third eldest brother, Ahmad Tajuddin Zainuddin (23 January 1950 - 16 May 2021)


His eldest son Nashruddin Ahmad Tajuddin passed away just slightly more than a month before (19 September 1978 - 30 March 2021).


This will be all our final destination in this world. Please let me die with a good ending in the pleasance of Allah s.w.t.

Last Saturday, we went to visit sister in law Aishah, wife of late Ahmad Tajuddin. Had brunch there. We were there nly with my eldest son as my other half went back to Segamat with my third son, to visit her sister whose husband was hospitalized for lung infections and heart problems. 



We also met Kak Aishah's elder sister there. Besides meeting them, I took the opportunity to salvage some books from my late brother's book collection before they are donated elsewhere. This is what I have got.


It seems that the second book was heavily used by my brother (plenty of bookmarks).


There were many more interesting books mainly on philosophy and management but I was already too shy to get that few (not sure when will I read it). With my eldest brother book collection, there would have been many more mathematics books, but unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to salvage any. May Allah forgive all of them and reward them with Jannah.

My other half's return to Segamat saw them (with my other two kids) having meals like below and picking up rambutans in the compound.


I didn't get to mention in my last post while my other half  was having a conference that our neighbour (a few houses away) saw a snake at their place.


The snake has been caught by Malaysian Civil Defence Department, shown in the video below).


We try to keep our backyard tidy (without too much vegetation) simply because of this reason.

I sincerely wish that my mind is as clear and tidy as this.

No comments: