Friday, July 28, 2023

Ending July and Hijri 1445

More than a week ago, we have entered the new Hijri year 1445. I have been trying to contribute wherever I can, but with criticisms, I do tend to wonder why I continue to do the things I do. Anyway, I have gone through worse and I pray that I have an easier and fulfilling forthcoming life. In any case, with my sons coming back home every now and then, I try to enjoy the moments with them.

My other half had her follow-up appointment at Ara Damansara Medical Centre earlier this week. She had decided not to remove the fallen loose turbinate in her nose since that would require another surgery and incur significant expenses. She also hoped that this will be the final follow-up as each time we are here, we would stay in the nearby Z-Hotel. So we were there on Monday and before checking-in, we decided to go to Citta Mall to get our food for the evening.


Early next morning, we went to the medical centre in the hope to have breakfast there before the appointment. Unfortunately, the (relatively cheaper) cafe was closed due to renovation. So, we went to W-Cafe near the lobby, which is pricier. 




Saw this happiness tip (had never screamed to a pillow before but I'm pretty sure that there were many internal screams not vocalised).


Side note: I discovered Dr. Rania Awaad who spoke about Islamic roots of psychology, which is pretty interesting. Other discovery is Dr. Maya Shankar who is the daughter of theoretical physicist R. Shankar whose book on quantum mechanics I have referred to - she was speaking on identity and goals in the Huberman podcast.

The meet with the doctor was brief; he examined the mend near the dura mater using a scope and it seems to be healing (no apparent leakage). As for the loose turbinate, he agreed that it can be left alone for the moment. My other half is now used to the discomfort experienced while prostrating in her prayers. So for now, there will be no further follow-ups (unless there are problems arising, Allah forbid).

In the weekend before our Ara Damansara trip, I decided to replace the swelling laptop battery before any unwanted incidents happen. I have been stalling this for some time to avoid spending things for my own personal use. At the same time, I took the opportunity to increase the RAM of my laptop as the computer tends to slow down a lot with many applications open. Thus, spend a few hundred ringgit on this upgrade. Below is the pic of the swelling battery (yes, it's bad).


No comments: