Saturday, May 07, 2022

Early days in Syawal

I need to remember this day, 6 Syawal 1443 (May 7, 2022) to realize the day that I could have met my maker.

Rewinding back a few days earlier. We were mostly at sister-in-law's place in Bukit Siput with me and one of my son sleeping at Station Inn Hotel nearby. 


The second of Syawal saw many more of my in-laws coming to Bukit Siput. I was there until sometime after lunch since I wanted to rest. The pic below shows the group photo of the gathering (without me in the picture) plus pics of me as a grandpa playing with the kids.



The next day, two of my sons went back to Seremban as Ihsan (the second eldest) needs to go back to work. Here is their pic at my brother-in-law's place.


On that day too, I was having severe stomach-ache and had to get some medication from a nearby pharmacy. The suspect is simply food-poisoning since there were others who got it too (including my other-half). So thereafter, I tried to be careful of what I eat. We went to my brother-in-law's place later that evening.


For dinner that night, we just had burger from a stall nearby.


On 4th of Syawal, we went to Kluang for a wedding of the son of a close friend of my other half. Here is a pic of her with her close friends at the wedding.


After the wedding, we went straight home - my eldest drove the whole way back to Seremban and we reached home late in the afternoon since it was a slow crawl all the way.

On Friday, I went to Bank Islam to get a document for my retirement and also open an account for my youngest who applied for PTPTN. Thereafter I experienced again severe stomach ache, again perhaps from something I ate the day before. I skipped Friday prayers and rested most of the time. That night, my son bought tickets to watch Dr. Strange 2: Multiverse of Madness. I enjoyed the movie since it did not quite go the way that I have imagined and I love surprises. For me, I go to the movies to enjoy, not caring much for how logical it was or how good the actors or their CGIs are (not there as a movie critic, just fun family time).


After the movie, around midnight, I experience severe stomach pain but this time filling up my chest. Called out to my wife to get my nitroglycerin sublingual tablets and several minutes thereafter, the pain eased a little. So today, I woke up feeling a little fragile. We are having guests today, both my brother and my in-laws. So, went out a little to get some food. Tonight, I will continue to rest.

No comments: