Wednesday, December 29, 2021

My Booster Shot

On Monday, December 27, 2021, I had my booster shot at a private health clinic in Seremban 2. It is good that the MySejahtera system knows that I live in Seremban 2. I took leave that day and the day after. Initially I thought I will be conducting lectures just before and after the booster shot but early in the morning, my students told me all lectures are postponed after January 2, 2022 due to the flood disaster. It was a relief since I will get my breathing space. Nevertheless having so many unfinished matters just clouded the mind.

My other half and my youngest accompanied to Sehat Healthcare Centre where my booster shot will be administered. I saw a few others also waiting for the booster vaccine but it was certainly not crowded (like my previous shots). Just several minutes after registration, I was already called up to get my shot (on the first floor). Some amount of anxiety was there since my other half responded rather badly to her booster shot. Given that I'm on blood thinning prescription, I was advised to apply pressure to my arm (where I had the shot) for at least ten minute (and under observation). No immediate reactions then and finally left the centre at around noon after updating my vaccine certificate (see below).


Without lectures, had lunch together with my family. Later in the afternoon, my left arm was throbbing. I thought I should rest and watched The Unforgivable instead of working. It is a good emotional movie (I enjoyed this more than the satirical Don't Look Up) and I like the piano rendition of the Radiohead song (see below). It was the next day, that I felt my body is aching all over and felt feverish. I was unsure though whether it was just the side effect or the coupled back pain that I'm having. I tend to be feverish whenever I have a real bad back pain. Also earlier in the morning, my PhD student reminded to go through his draft of PhD thesis. Was trying to. I also realised when I print to pdf his individual chapters, the text is flattened as pics. So I had to use a different pdf annotation software to do the editing which is really a hassle. My mind then was all too tired bearing the pain and hence slept most of the day. Even as I got this up, still feeling lightheaded and tired but I had to go to work. Hope that with some energy input, everything falls into place, finishing all my work. With that note, here is the piano rendition of "Everything in its right place".


No comments: