Sunday, May 12, 2019

Physiotherapy in Ramadhan.

We are about to enter the second week of Ramadhan. Trying my best to keep my spirits up. My last post sounded emotional but as an ordinary human being, I can't simply shut out the emotions but certainly I will not let them overpower my thinking faculty. Whether anyone believes whatever problems I'm facing are real or not, it does not really matter anymore. Perhaps someday I'll reveal publicly what I know simply for us to take lessons from or maybe they will just get buried with me. For now, I need to make my conditions better.

Yesterday, my other half suggested for me to go for physiotherapy for my back problems. There was a physiotherapy clinic just opened several months earlier, nearby our home and we decided to try this out. My earlier hesitation has always been the cost but my conditions has worsened since coming back from Italy. So finally she made an appointment for me at 4.30pm yesterday.

Being the first time there, the clinic has no records of what my ailments are. I started explaining my back problems and mentioned about my scoliosis, lower lumbar degeneration and slight protusion of the discs and muscle spasms. As the therapist (Jovi) tried to investigate what my ailment really is, she explained about structural problems and muscle problems. On examining my back, she mentioned I had a slight C-scoliosis. It is only after some physio treatment and exercises, that my present ailment is mostly due to piriformis syndrome due to my excessive sitting and weak back muscles.

Later that night, experienced some pain probably due to the reaction of the treatment. Thus rested for the rest of the night. Thus, my earlier plan of doing more (overdue) work had to be postponed. Had purchased a package at the clinic and will continue the treatment at least for a few more sessions. During the exercise, Jovi jokingly said that I need 100 more sessions. I laughed even though I'm in pain.

No comments: