Sunday, September 22, 2024

Surrounding Malaysia Day and a Birthday

Back to updating this blog with first, a matter that happened after our Melaka trip. After coming back, we found that the air-conditioner in our room stopped working. We wondered what had happened though we knew it had problems before this but not to the point of stopped working totally. We initially called someone to figure out what had happened. The person told us that the circuit board was probably damaged and getting spare parts is problematic. We went on a few days without the air-conditioner and it was a bit unbearable working in warm conditions (sunlight coming through the glass separating the room and the balcony). So, we decided to get a new air-conditioner though the matter could have come at a better time - more expenses. So, we got our new air-conditioner on the Saturday before Malaysia day.






Just two days before, I have started going to XMUM for briefings. A scary thing happened while driving to XMUM on Friday for a departmental briefing  by Prof. Teo Lee Peng. I had chest pain that I have never felt before. I wasn't sure if I should stop driving. I carried on until I reached Serenia toll and pulled to the side to rest and took nitroglycerine tablets which I had in my computer bag. The pain subsided and I continued my drive to XMUM, in time for the briefing (almost wanted to cancel it). I consider this as a warning that I should make the most of my time left. Met  Prof. Teo during the briefing and she later helped out with my MS Teams problem as well as my email. That afternoon, I went to Surau Al-Hijrah in Kota Warisan for Friday prayers (first time there).



On the way back, I lost my way and missed a meeting with course coordinator Dr. Goh. I later joined the departmental meeting online (wasn't sure of going since I'm part-time staff.

Come the weekend, both of my sons Ihsan and Izhar came back home and we had the whole family in the house. The morning of September 16 (Malaysia day), we had breakfast together at a restaurant near Aeon.



The rest of the family went to MAHA thereafter while I stayed at home preparing for forthcoming lectures. Here are some pictures of them there.







That night we again had dinner together at a restaurant outside.


I cherish these moments together and I always asked my sons to take photos (sometime to their embarrassment). Izhar went back the next day while Ihsan stayed longer at home until my other half's birthday.



We also had a special lunch together at Belqis restaurant just before Ihsan went back to JB.


Finally, I just want to put this up to show that I'm still active. Before anyone say anything, I do feel small despite being put alongside more well-known researchers (more about this later).




No comments: