Thursday, June 13, 2024

Amputated

Warning: Readers, please be advised that there will be pictures of a wounded kitten in this post. If you can't stomach it, please do not proceed. I, myself, can't bear to see it up close.

My family love cats. All our cats are indoors and are never let loose outside. Being so, there are things to be tolerated. All of our cats are toilet trained; only one cat, Boboi, seems to be choosey and will only use the litter box if it is already been cleaned. Another one cat Meli (the cat we brought from Gambang Resort - we did ask for permission to bring her home after she strayed into our room's balcony) may also make a mess when she undergo seizure. So usually when we are away for some period, we would send this two to a cat hotel.

Today, while my eldest son are collecting clothes after drying them in the backyard, a kitten came running towards with an injured foot. My son saw that it was really bad, probably have been injured for days since larvae are crawling out from the injured foot. My son informed my other half and they decided to send it to the clinic almost immediately. I think it is one of the kittens that usually appear when we are in the backyard and we don't know if they belong to anybody. Occasionally, we put some food in a plastic container near our door so that they don't go hungry.

I asked my son to take photos of the injured kitten (so be warned)





After arriving at the clinic, the vet told them that its foot had to be amputated. The amputation costs RM480. There will be further expenses after its warded with all the medication and food. We have asked the neighbourhood if it belongs to anyone but no one said it is theirs. We probably will adopt the kitten and we hope that it will recover well.

Cruel world.

No comments: