Friday, September 08, 2023

Teaching Electrodynamics and Complex Functions

I will begin teaching electrodynamics and complex functions (mathematical methods in physics) at Xiamen University Malaysia sometime in mid September as a part-time lecturer. Next week, I will be attending some briefings at the campus to understand the system that they have there.

Today, I have just received the timetable schedule for both subjects. They have conveniently grouped (2-hour) lectures on both subjects on the same day, namely Tuesdays and Thursdays. 


There is a bit of anxiety, having left teaching for some time and the subjects given to me are ones that I have less experience in teaching. Teaching new things often requires plenty of internalization and considerable time to prepare the notes. I pray that I can do it well.

Another surprise today is an email from a long-lost friend Foong See Kit who apparently will be teaching at Xiamen as well. If I'm not mistaken, I first met him at the Fifth Asia-Pacific Physics Conference in 1992. Another conference where we met is the Quantum Physics Conference in 1997. The last time we stumbled into each other is in a conference in IAS, NTU. It will be great to meet him back again.

No comments: