Saturday, January 14, 2023

The Second Week

It has already past two weeks in the new year and three weeks after my retirement. Not much has been done apart from trying to settle some financial matters. Life seems to move at a slower pace though my other half 'complained' that I'm still doing 'academic work' and sorting my collection of papers. Can't help it given I have still continuing students now under Dr. Nurisya and some unsettled research ideas that I wish to pursue and I probably will try to find (part-time) work some time in the future. For now, my other half and family are planning for (some of) us to go for umrah. Last weekend, in fact, we went for a crash course of umrah in a mosque in Sendayan. The prolonged cross-legged sitting somehow got me into a bad back pain episode and for a few days, I simply rested on the bed.

Still handling car woes that I have mentioned in my last post. Got the quotation for Malibu spare parts two days ago and they cost a fortune. Had to go with these replacements as I will be needing the car in good shape for future work and family travel. As for the car of my son Izhar, he has send the blue Aveo car to the workshop to get it fixed at least for the car to be able to be brought back home to Seremban. For long-term solution for him to commute to work, we have booked him a Myvi. With the help of the salesperson, we are able to get one quite soon from Perodua HQ (for otherwise, it would have been a four-month wait), perhaps one that got unsold from previous orders. The car arrived some time middle of the week.


The car was ready for us to pick up (after registration with the Road Transport Department) yesterday evening,

Izhar has yet to see the car physically (still using my other half's car). My eldest (the one holding the mock key) helped drive the car thereafter. During the Chinese New Year holidays, Izhar will be returning my other half's car and pick up his new car, God willing. We have yet to think how to bring the old Aveo car back home.

As much as I am trying to do work home, I seem to have trouble to focus with our new cat Kiki, getting quite close to me. Was merely trying to comfort him before (being new) and then he got quite attached to me.



Here is Kiki trying to distract me from my prayers:



No comments: