Monday, April 04, 2022

Ramadhan 1443

Alhamdulillah, I manage to experience another Ramadhan for this year. Indeed at this age, one just feel so fragile and at times unwanted, as our physical body no longer as strong as usual. My Ramadhan this time, began with me in a bad back episode. Just before fasting, I had to take Tramadol, just to ease the pain a little. The drowsy effect often lingers for a few days and I struggled a little to keep myself awake in the weekend. So, for the first Ramadhan night, we prayed (the whole family together except for my youngest who is in Jasin) only at home. My second son too was also on a night shift for his BP lab work at KLIA. That would make going to the mosque or surau to be in a rush for him to make there for work. 

In my heart, Ramadhan provides me another point to refocus on what is necessary for my next life, but also for my own personal worldly life. Given the seminar course that I am handling, I have now bought a domain for my own self. Usually this is meant for (small) businesses but for me it was just to ease my handling of the seminar. Part of the reason is to allow me to record the presentations using Google Workspace (was told that the university no longer has this facility - I did not check), but also there seems to be other facilities that I am beginning to learn. Who knows, maybe some of these will end up being useful for me in the post-retirement period. Not sure what kind of business I will be in, but for now it is mainly for the purpose of my scientific ambitions. I do hope that the students will take the seminar course seriously as I am (triggering me to buy the domain). By recording their presentations, it is hoped that the students will take their own presentations seriously.

My third son also came back home last Friday, simply to be with us during early Ramadhan. So yesterday, my other half entertain his request (for tauhu bergedil) and we had home-cooked meal for iftar (see pic), nothing from the bazaar just yet.


I also remembered that his birthday was just a few days away. So I decided to buy him a cake for an early birthday celebration before he heads back to campus yesterday night.



It is a pity that our youngest was not with us for iftar. We also found that the cafe at his college is not open for sahur during the first night. I hope this is temporary. A little worried for him. He is scheduled to be back with us for Eid on the 28 April. May Allah ease our way through this Ramadhan and made us all as better persons. Ramadhan Mubarak.

No comments: