Friday, February 16, 2024

Time .... Passed

Reflecting on the end times. Been more than a week since my previous post. It has been 132 days of horror in Ghazzah with most of its population driven to Rafah and they are still being bombed there. My prayers go to the people there who have undergone so much trials and tribulations. But Western powers who are supporting the genocide seems not to care. The phrase "deaf, dumb and blind" comes to mind. I shared the following video of Dr. Andy Ferguson who had spent time there on FB, with such phrase for those who are aware of such horrific stories and did nothing. Another story of a doctor is that of Dr. Amira Al-Assouli, who has received praises of her heroism in trying to save a wounded man in the face of sniper fire. Indeed I imagine that the world will be (totally) different after this genocide. May Allah restore justice and peace there.


Back to 'mundane' matters. I've been reading posts on FB that I find interesting but at times they turned ugly (restrengthening my view that such discussions should have been done in a less public space where egos have very little space to dwell). I resisted to post any reactions and if I do have the urge to react, I will do it in independent postings mostly on things I have more knowledge on. Much of these posts involve Arabic (technical) terms which I have little knowledge on, despite having read something on them. For me, I would like to be able to internalise them if I really want to be involved in such discussions, not simply just translating the word in my mind whenever encountering them (perhaps making Arabic as a language I will use in my dreams on top of Malay and English, which is rather impossible at this instance). The other thing about these online discussions, they seem to put forward one point of view over another, or even area of expertise over another area. Even if it is nice to learn a lot of things, I find myself running out of time left in this world to do so. I have to pick and choose questions that help me prioritise are: (1) do these things help me understand better my faith and values; (2) can they be applied to areas where I have (some) expertise and do more progress in such areas (actionable); (3) can these (or the eventual areas where they are applied) be of benefit to others. Otherwise, it will not be my main focus. One needs to remember that in whatever area that one is exploring, one needs to invest significant amount of time to be good.

Time with the family. End of last week, picked up my youngest son from UiTM campus in Jasin since, he was alone in his room. At the time, he has one more final exam left. So for his last exam, my eldest son sent him back to campus to sit for the exam and then returned home on the same day.



Yesterday, we had an impromptu family gathering in Saville Residence, KL. It was rather spontaneous and only knew about it a day earlier. Knowing that my sisters-in-law from Kepong (wives of my eldest and second eldest brothers) are going to be there, we take this (rare) opportunity to meet each other before the coming Ramadhan. Here are some pics.







Since we have not met for some time, we asked each other about one's health and talked about our livelihoods which are getting more difficult these days. With my musician brother, we converse a little bit about music and also the ongoing crisis in Ghazzah and exchange notes. I'm happy, being able to meet them even for a short while, not knowing when will we meet next since we are all senior citizens and that our family has grown smaller (not counting our children and some grandchildren). May Allah grant us the chance to meet again, particularly for the coming Ramadhan and 'Eid. 

No comments: