Friday, August 25, 2023

Funeral of Sister-in-Law

Yesterday, we rushed ourselves to Klang to get to a funeral and spent essentially half-a-day there. The night before, I received a message from my brother Mohd Nordin, asking whether I have received any news about the wife of my brother Zaharuddin. I immediately replied no and asked what's wrong. I was told that she has passed away. I was surprised but since we rarely see each other apart from during marriage ceremonies or during Eid, I did not know if she had any health problems. I was then told that the burial will be in the morning after,

So, we took off to Klang around 7.30 am yesterday (with my other half, my eldest and youngest sons). We knew the highway that we are using is used heavily by lorries and trucks, which often caused congestion, but we have never experienced using the highway during peak hours. So our timing was off, since we got stuck for awhile nearby the Subang Jaya exit area. Knowing that we were late, we headed off straight to Surau Haji Abdullah Fakeh Sungai Pinang, where the body of my sister-in-law has been brought to. We prayed jenazah prayers for her there. Thereafter we followed the crowd to the cemetery in Bukit Batu Belah for the burial.

After the burial, we went to brother Zaharuddin's home and there we know some details of what had happened. Earlier in the surau, we were told that she had a fever in the two days before her passing away and went rather unexpectedly. Then Zaharuddin told us of her mild stroke in 2018 and had went for physical therapy. There was also muscle atrophy and had difficulty moving around.

Below are some pics I have taken from my brother Nasaruddin posting and our nephew's posting.




May Allah forgive her and she be placed among the solehah. Al-Fatihah.

We went back home around 1pm and had our brunch in Dengkil RnR. We rested for the rest of the day.


No comments: