Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Gathering on February 4th

Last Saturday, we had a small gathering event at our home. We have been planning for this, ever since we have more or less confirmed our wish to for umrah (probably some time end of last year or beginning of this year). I did even mention to my junior colleague my intention to invite our theoretical physics group over to my home; a counter-suggestion was to have this gathering during Eid, but I insisted that we do this before we go for umrah. Also, we only revealed our intent to go for umrah then, only to close family members and friends, much more the sake of planning and of necessity, rather than anything else. Once we fixed the date for the gathering, we discuss a little about whether we want to mention this in the event (fear of being misinterpreted). After awhile we decided to mention this, as indeed we want to make do'a for our safe journey and ease of performing the umrah and made lunch for guests.

We invited the community of Surau al-Qudwah to the event, our families of both sides, our neighbours, and our friends (including the theoretical physics group). Besides the do'a for our umrah, we made prayers for our loved family members (parents, brothers, nephew and niece) who have departed:

  • Zainuddin bin Udin (my father)
  • Habibah binti Daik (my mother)
  • Zaharah binti Ibrahim (my step-mother)
  • Mustapa bin Abu Bakar (my father-in-law)
  • Zaharah binti Jaafar (my mother-in-law)
  • Aminuddin bin Zainuddin (my eldest brother)
  • Zainal Abidin bin Zainuddin (my second eldest brother)
  • Ahmad Tajuddin bin Zainuddin (my third eldest brother)
  • Shaharudin bin Mustapa (my eldest brother-in-law)
  • Nashruddin bin Ahmad Tajuddin (my nephew)
  • Nurul Najwa Farhana binti Shafiee (my niece)
Below are some pics of the event: The early birds




The prayers led by an imam of Surau al-Qudwah (seated next to me on my left).







The lunch.






With the theory group.








Digression with theory group - handing over some old magazines and paperwork that may deem useful.






With my elder sisters. Managed to discuss some family matters.





My surviving elder brothers could not come, with one of them had activities in Seoul, and only coming back on the day itself.






Alhamdulillah, the event was a success, handled with the help of my sisters-in-law and their families. Thanks to all who have come to the event, particularly those coming from afar (and had to go through a busy traffic due to the long Thaipusam weekend).

The next few days are essentially resting and cleaning up. To throw food waste from the event, my other half had to call the city authorities for them to pick up the extraneous rubbish. Thank goodness, they responded and met one SWM Environment supervisors. He even suggested that we request a (free) replacement for our garbage bin which had cracks.





Today, had all morning (three hours, mostly waiting due to many people there) in the Klinik Kesihatan Seremban for an appointment. Back home, had to rest my back.



No comments: