Thursday, July 07, 2022

July Has Arrived

Another month has passed and on my part, I see little changes and this worries me. 

Last week, we had our final week of teaching for the semester. On Thursday was my last class for Special Relativity. The class decided that we should take some photos for memories. Here they are:












The thought of this could very well be my last class in UPM, sort of made me emotional. Officially, I was still being given two courses next semester namely Mathematical Methods in Physics and Statistical Mechanics. Given that the new semester starts in October and my retirement is due in December, I will only have around two months of teaching if so, given I will be finishing off my leaves before retiring. I have been talking to my younger colleagues if I can be relieved from these teaching duties, mainly because I want to finish up certain things before I leave e.g. graduating my current two PhD students and one MSc student. Let us see how this goes but at the moment, I consider myself still having classes next semester.

Just yesterday, I was in three sessions of the undergraduate final year project proposal presentations. These are indeed my last proposal seminar as an internal panel evaluator. I will not be around when these students finish up their projects and present their final seminar. Photos taken are given below:





Also, I have replied to the warning letter issued regarding my research report (the need to make a second correction in the online system). I will have to spent some time working on these together with the exam gradings in the comin one or two weeks. I also need to write an external examiner report for a private university this coming weekend. I have a few theses to read from my own students and others. There are already meetings lined up in the next two weeks. I hope it is clear, I am not idle all these times, though I yearn for some peace of mind. I will probably write on this in forthcoming posts.

No comments: