Wednesday, February 02, 2022

February Has Arrived and the Renovation

February has arrived but nothing seems to be improving much. Whatever I wanted to do for the new year has been stalled again and again. In a way, it is a difficult period that I was not expecting.

The last weekend had me focusing on my marking of the second test of my two subjects. Been postponing these markings due to the earlier rush for the final exam questions. Strained my back in finishing them and finally was able to submit the marks online on time. It was thereafter, that I could focus on reading the thesis of my PhD students, who wanted to submit real soon. Then, come this week, my FYP students are due to submit their dissertations by the end of this week, which means that I will have to check their drafts too.

The renovation at my home has not finished, but it is in the final phase. They are now doing the front porch and the balcony (attached to our room) now. Most of our rooms are now ready to be occupied. Our main room was the last to be ready, with the washroom/shower just ready yesterday. Here are the pics from the last three days from the balcony of the main room (our room).




Today, they are tiling up the balcony of our room and the front porch.



The final piece of our shower/wash room is its door and we are able to use it now.


Besides office work, there are plenty of things to do at the house. We have unpacked most of our things to fill up our fitted-in wardrobe. Most of my books are now in the fitted cupboard (seven doors altogether) in the hall upstairs.


It's already quite full and I have not touched the stack of papers in my collection, now located at the balcony to one of my son's room. Not sure what to do with them.


I'm imagining putting them in a little store that we have at the balcony at our room (hopefully, my other half will not have other plans for it).


So our house is going to look very different from the outside.


I hope all the spending is worth it and the whole family will be happy with it. Me, I just want my life back to normalcy. As I have said, I have been struggling with many matters including my worsening back pain. I want this renovation to end soon.


No comments: