Monday, May 06, 2024

A Month of 'Eid

Since my last post, I have been doing a lot of family matters, mainly 'Eid visits. We were in Kepong before the wedding (the 12th Eid day on Sunday) at the homes of my two sisters-in-law; their husbands are my late eldest and second eldest brothers. No photos unfortunately this time; perhaps this 'Eid is rather more gloomy that the past 'Eids, partly due to personal challenges and also the Ghazzah genocide. We missed the function of my sister-in-law in Saville Residence (married to my third eldest brother) because it was held on the first day of 'Eid and we were occupied with my other half travelling back to Segamat. On Tuesday thereafter, we essentially spent the whole day in Kuala Lumpur for 'Eid visits to the homes of my other half's sister and brother in Taman Keramat and Taman Melawati respectively (no pictures again). Then next, we have the wedding in the Mines mentioned in the last post.

My youngest came back from his MUET exams in UiTM Jasin on Tuesday (a day before Labour day). We were glad he arrived home safely. The next day being public holiday, my in-laws (sisters and brother of my other half) decided to visit us. So my other half decided to prepare some dish while I ordered satay from a local restaurant. There are pictures this time.






Come Saturday, we were in Labu at the invitation of my other half's brother. I did not realise that Labu was just quite close to our place when we took Taman Rimba (or something) route near Ainsdale. Pictures available.



My FB also showed that a year has passed since my other half had her CSF leak surgery (see this post). I am actually worried if the leak recurs particularly she is now experiencing some flu. Yesterday, we went to my brother Nordin's place in Pandan Indah. I regretted that I did not take any photos there since all his sons and daughter were there together with my sister and husband (with their son) who are about to perform Hajj (lucky for them and I pray that everything will go well). During the visit, my nephew asked me if I was still working and I replied in the negative. He was then telling me that in his office, there is a 70-year old person still working. I know that my brother Nordin is still working these days on Islamic GMP training and consultation. I hope I can still work for our livelihood but I have yet to find a suitable opening.

Finally after Pandan Indah visit, we sent our youngest son to his 'new room' in UniKL-MFI. The condition might not be so great but he has now more privacy (the previous room he got, has to be shared with five other students). He was placed in the Lyons block. Hope he will be able to work well with now having more rest (without the need to commute from Seremban). He will be here until August, God willing.



No comments: