Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Eldest Son's Birthday

Yesterday was my eldest son's birthday. In a way, if I had a lot of leaves, I would probably stayed home yesterday. Unfortunately, I don't. In fact, both me and my other half was working yesterday. So, we planned to have our dinner outside (most days, we will have our dinner at home). Indeed, we will find any special occasion to celebrate and we often celebrate our birthdays at least with a special birthday cake. As soon as i got home yesterday, I went to the local Bakers Cottage store to get a black forest cake and they had a combo offer at the time, so I took that.

After Maghrib, we went out to have dinner at a nearby dining place to have something different than the usual. After dinner, back home, we took this picture of him with his gifts.


The bouquet of chocs was bought earlier by my other half, delivered to him during lunch.


He seemed happier than the usual days. I hope he continues to be so. At this age, I just wanted to see my family happy. I have been focusing too much on work before this and right now, I'm feeling very vulnerable and hope that I will not go so soon.

As I took photos of my eldest, I also took photos of my other half with the cats, Boboi (with the nice looking fur patterns) and Meli (the cat we adopted from Gambang).





We did not eat the cake since we were already full from the dinner and just kept it in the fridge for tomorrow. Later that night, we got a call from our youngest, that he is having a fever at the time. He took a Covid test but it turned out negative. My other half advised to repeat the test again later. I pray that this is just a normal fever. The XBB variant is already here in Malaysia, and the rumour it is worse than the already widespread Omicron. I pray that we won't be hit much on this new wave.

No comments: