Thursday, November 24, 2022

MRI, 10th PM and New Furry Member

Last Tuesday, took an emergency leave for an MRI appointment. This is for my follow-up appointment with the S2 clinic next Monday(?). In an earlier post, I have mentioned about (constant) back pain and even difficulty in walking at times. Have seen the doctor in S2 clinic and was told to get an x-ray of my back before coming for the next appointment. My other half told me to get an MRI for better visual of my back predicament. Got the MRI done at KPJ hospital in Seremban. Initially I took leave for this MRI appointment but it seems I got the date wrong (took leave on next Tuesday, which is the wrong day and hence the emergency leave). Twelve years ago, I had already took an MRI at the same hospital and I remembered they used to inject me with a dye. This time round, they did not. The pic is not clear as the one I did last or maybe I just do not know how to look.


The report said that I had a mild disc bulge indenting thecal sac at two different places (used to be only at one location).They also found Tarlov cyst in the sacral region (we knew about this in the previous examination). I have no idea how serious this is but I guess I'll know in my next appointment.

In my last post, I have also mentioned that we had a hung parliament for our election results. There were a lot of unease with two coalitions claiming that they had enough support from other parties. The King suggested for a unity government between the two coalitions but one coalition refused to do so. Finally the King had to intervene and call for another coalition (which had less seats) to join the unity government and also a meeting of rulers to decide the Prime Minister of the new government. So today, it was decided that Anwar Ibrahim would be our tenth Prime Minister. To many, this is a relief since we worry a state of disorder. The next step is to form the cabinet, which is going to be difficult with all the different parties but it is hoped that the politicians will take note of the unity spirit that the King suggests as we have yet to come out from the pandemic-economic crisis.


As I cancelled the next Tuesday and took leave on Monday instead for the next clinic appointment, the new Prime Minister declared that Monday will be a public holiday (the general public were expecting so). Now I have to cancel again my leave on Monday.

Other matters: Yesterday I got my retiree card from KWAP. Surprisingly they had included my Associate Professor title on the card. By right, I should not be using the title once I leave the university because it is an academic post of the university.


Finally, this evening my other half brought home a new cat as the previous owner decided to give him away. The cat comes from the same family of Sally who died recently. The pic below shows the new cat and he is still fearful.



No comments: